Solaris Wines is a new wine importing company. Having worked in the wine business for more than twenty years I believe there is always a gap for new, different, authentic and great value wines in the UK.
To achieve this, my approach is to go direct to the small producers, who often sell locally and don’t export, and relatively unknown wine regions again rarely imported into the UK.
The wines are purchased purely on my tastes and knowledge, so following this strategy I will purchase small parcels of wine, sometimes as one-off purchases, that hopefully will find a home with people who like to try ‘different’ in the wine they drink.
Here are the wines we intend showing:
• Tilia Estate, Slovenia: 2018 Pinot Gris and 2017 Vipava Pinot Noir.
• Bodegas Nabal, Ribera del Duero: 2018 Nabal Rose and 2015 Valle de Nabal.
• Remigio de Salas Jalon, Cigales, Spain: 2017 Remigio Verdejo, ‘Las Luceras’ and 2012 Remigio Reserva, ‘Las Luceras’
• I Veroni, Pontassieve, Chianti Rufina, Italy: 2016 Rosso di Toscana IGT
• Poderesette, Tuscany, Italy: 2016 L’Invidio Bolgheri Rosso
• Domaine Montplo, St.Chinian, France: 2013 Montplo ‘Cuvee Louise’